Franchise Startup Costs
STARTUP & ONGOING COSTS TO OPEN A HOMES & LAND CANADA FRANCHISE
The following summarizes the estimated costs for opening and running a Homes & Land real estate advertising franchise. Costs will vary depending on your franchise location, market area and other variables. Homes & Land Canada may offer special incentives for certain strategic markets from time to time. These incentives can drastically reduce the total investment amount. Check with a Homes & Land Canada representative for any special offers in your market.
- FRANCHISE FEE: $25,000
- TRAVEL EXPENSES – Flights, hotels, car rental, meals etc. (training at Homes & Land Florida head office): $2,500 – $5,000
- FURNITURE, SUPPLIES, DISTRIBUTION RACKS & MEMBERSHIPS: $10,000 – $20,000
- COMPUTERS (MACS) – Hardware & Publishing Software: $5,000 – $9,000
- LIABILITY INSURANCE: $1,000
- OPERATING EXPENSES (first 3 months): $25,000 – $40,000
= TOTAL STARTUP COSTS (estimates): $68,500 – $100,000
PER ISSUE PAYMENTS
- ONGOING ROYALTY FEES: 10.5%
- PAGE COUNT COSTS: $22 / page
- ADVERTISING FEES: $400 / month
- Estimated Costs Only – may vary depending upon requirements and assets already available.
- Real Estate & Improvements – varies depending on office space obtained and not included in the above startup costs. These amounts do not include the purchase of real estate or security deposits on a lease for real property.